Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades - Gold about to move!/Silverbear *PIC*
In Response To: Trades - Gold about to move! ()

Thanks for the link. I don't disagree with him other than the inverse H&S idea which is a bit of a stretch. But price is king and price does have to make a move. I've been waiting with baited breadth for a sign of a bounce watching the Gold Stock ETFs to start showing out performance. Or the Gold/SPX ratio chart to improve. Nothing yet has happened. But a Gold rally will likely come out of the blue and blow every one's socks off when it does and be impossible to catch with everyone wondering what the hell happened,lol. You know how it loves to do that. And just like the Dec to Feb rally retracing Fib 61.8% of the Sept to Dec selloff note the latest selloff has also retraced Fib 61.8% of the last rally. Gold loves that Fib 61.8% retrace number. Meanwhile the Gold price continues to rally to the 20ema poking its nose above briefly and tagging the 50ema and selling off each time. That has to change. But I don't see much downside from here with Gold unless there is one hell of a selloff that breaks the uptrendline and important support around the $1600 level. Anything is possible and the seasonals while short term bullish well into May do make a rally of some sort likely the major trend from Feb into summer is sideways to down into a summer low. So I'll wait for proof of a change back up before I put any money on it. Perhaps some cheap Strangles would be worth a shot now? I like trading the double bull Gold ETF:DGP as it outperforms Gold so well and outperforms the stocks hands down. Those Gold stocks still are underperforming continuously. Although the $BPGDM chart is once again showing a positive divergence on the Histogram just like all the other price lows. But the metal is what to trade as the stocks are just not performing "yet". They'll have their day at some point but are not the best bet right now compared to Gold.