Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: ABX/Gold Ratio Chart/Back to 2008 lows/S.Bear *PIC*

I was thinking of Slava recently laying on her couch with her laptop looking at stocks. Best I don't think about that,lol. (yes I know I've got to get myself a partner) She must be about to throw in the towel on the trade with the extreme 50k drawdown. That is pure capitulation when that occurs. Seen it many times right at a low. Great indicator actually. If you ever know someone under water in a trade that is the buy signal better than all of them. And yes the buy signal is in and confirmed the last few days with most watched indicators. And ABX as of Friday close broke above the two month downtrendline which has always been a simple no brainer trade to take oddly enough. Oh yes, note the 3 black arrows where the 3 moving averages converged. What occurs after as a rule is a dramatic price move in one direction. Always pays to watch for that. I guess one could buy a Strangle or Straddle and then just dump the losing side when it takes off. Just something to look for. And GDX broke out over its downtrendline Thursday and confirmed Friday. Keep in mind price did stop cold at the falling 20ema so could pullback Monday before rallying again. That often happens just after a breakout. It's like price scared itself and poked a big hole through resistance then ran out of ammo and had to pull back to reload to go up again. GDXJ broke out Thursday as well and without having GG that sold off with poor earnings in its ETF rallied faster and stronger and besides breaking its downtrendline also closed 'above' its 20ema. Price could still pull back after poking its nose above resistance and the 20ema mind you. The early bird buy signal was the $BPGDM Index with the Renko chart and Histogram indicator. So it seems to be all confirmed now. And yes it doesn't mean its too the moon time as you can't quantify the strength of each rally unfortunately. Some look like a simple bounce back and go to the moon. And other that should go to the moon just have a dead cat bounce. Never did find a 'consistent' indicator to suggest the depth of a move off a low with any certainty. I guess a trailing stop is the only sensible way to trade these rallies without too much over thinking of the matter. It's just a trade or other business decision so why complicate it. But I would like to take a postion trade and just ride it without screwing around daily. Very tired of that myself with these sideways choppy markets. Important test next few days with the recent confirmations. I'd like to see a pullback Monday to get on board in a serious way. I was determined to buy CEF as the metals have been outperforming the stocks clearly forever now. And while the stocks are extremely oversold and likely the best upside bet, that would be bottom picking and countertrend. The safer trade is with the metals. With CEF it is about 45% Silver which is more related to Copper and the economy which concerns me. Notice the very bullish falling Wedge that couldn't breakout Friday. Price ran up the that downtrendline of the Wedge and stopped cold. That is the one I want to put serious money on for a postion trade and then forget about all this b.s. But I need to see a breakout of that Wedge 1st. I think it knows I'm watching it. (just a little paranoid) If my timing was perfect I'd choose the double bull Gold ETF:DGP as it doesn't have questionable Silver in it, just the pure Gold trade without that baggage or stock issue baggage. But I don't accept drawdowns and that could pullback sharply even with a rally dead ahead. I know.....fussy,fussy,fussy..........

Messages In This Thread

ABX/Gold Ratio Chart/Back to 2008 lows *PIC*
Re: ABX/Gold Ratio Chart/Back to 2008 lows
Re: ABX/Gold Ratio Chart/Back to 2008 lows/S.Bear *PIC*