Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat Gas/ Contracts Overlaid #2/Trades/Lee *PIC*

Hi Trades,
Understand your comments, and may not be worth the effort very often.

This thought interests me !!!!
"one could just watch for a cross over by the nearby months above the further out months to 'suggest' a more bullish trend developing and possibly even lead to backwardation, which is very bullish. "

Getting a better handle on the forward curve an what is going on has been on my list for some time.

Do you think a curve of price vs. month would be useful ?? Seems that it would convey the same information ?? If so, I'll work on it. I tried to snag the data this afternoon but had a problem with the copy/paste of the data from the Ox web page to capture the data.

Well, I got side tracked and never posted this, so here is a chart and a big PITA unless I can simplify the process quite a bit !!!!

Ignore the green line.
It is same months as you had posted June thru Jan

Let me know if you think something like this would be useful. Needs some cleaning up.
Thanks, Lee