Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Price action only ES system backtest results *PIC*

Here is a very simple system that I've just backtested for 100 trades on the ES. Wayne (Fisher) showed me the basic concept a while back. The idea of only using swings of a certain size I got from Bill Dunnigan, who wrote his book 'New Blueprints for Gains in Grains' back in the late 30s/early40s. The largest drawdown of the system is about 10 points. The longest winning streak is 7 trades, if the system were random (50% winners/Losers) the probability of such a streak occurring in any set of 100 trades is about 1 every 10 sets. The short set-ups and exits are just the opposite of the longs. Slippage was factored into the simulator, the simulator ran at 5 times market speed, so no doubt there would be less slippage in reality. As you can see the results for 100 trades (over 6 months) are: 88 points profit (before commission). Number of winning trades: 58, Number of losing trades:42. You can see the equity curve in the image below.

Messages In This Thread

Price action only ES system backtest results *PIC*
Re: Price action only ES system backtest results