Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng Forward Curve/Lee *PIC*
In Response To: Ng Forward Curve/Trades *PIC* ()

The only thing I can comment on is my own chart as I'm not sure what you have there exactly. Here is the Nat Gas contracts again overlaid June NG. Still not clearing 2.40 resistance but has spent 4 days above the 20ema just like in late February. Also note the RSI 21 is also bumping up against the 50 line resistance just like in Feb as well. So no cigars yet but an interesting test of resistance once again. 'Someday' that will breakout. I also put on the top of the chart the July/Jan contract which is a nearby contract of July and also has the highest open interest and compared it to the Jan/03 contract that is one of the most important months so the book says. Note the improvement in that "ratio chart". It 'appears' to be building a base which is what I would expect it to do at this point in the puking process. It bottomed out in mid April and has been having higher highs and higher lows which is a good sign. It looks like the Jan contract is the strongest which suggests you could see some changes going forward. That is just a wild guess and means little. But it is what it is and July is outperforming the back months which is a good sign.(Dec has very little interest as a rule) So one could buy the ratio chart of NGn2/NGf3 and be an early bird here if they wish to ride the present uptrend with a stop at their comfort level and not wait for a break above 2.40. Lots of ways to skin a cat. Don't have to wait with baited breath that way.......So it bears watching in any case...pardon the pun.

Messages In This Thread

Ng Forward Curve/Trades *PIC*
Re: Ng Forward Curve/Lee *PIC*