Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/At Im\Wayne/Wayne\

Thanks, Challenger...my feb 2 is you feb 21 minus a mistype where I did not punch the "1" key...I meant 21.

You're welcome

I have 10165 days from feb 21 1985 to dec 21 2012...obviously, I guess, you just moved the decimal point over to come up with 101.65 because 10,165 subtracted from the all-time high would not yield a useable number?

that's correct , just a little common sense .

My data doesn't go back to the big spike but I found a chart that has that high marked as 164.72-101.65=63.07

the high is correct , I don't add or subtract anything take it at face value .

if you use 10125 days you end up with nov 11 2012(a Sunday, so nov 13 is the business day Monday) ...101.25 being 90 plus 11.25(a more specific geometric time crease) yiekds price 63.47(assuming high 164.72)

I don't add or subtract anything . I take time 101.25 and the price bars 69.01 range and break it up by 1/2 , 1/4 , 1/8 and 1/16 to find support and resistance .

for exercise run your time numbers from DEC five 2005 up to today . check it with yesterday's close and today's open for NG .

pretty obscure stuf fer a southerner boy.

Messages In This Thread

Re: U.S.$ Index/At Im\Wayne/Wayne\