Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/Breaking Out #1/Lee

"combo - wired/wireless with modem and router in one box"

That's what the new Cisco modem is here. And speaking to some tech types that don't work for the cable company they have all said the separate modem with separate router for the wireless computers are far better than the duel modems. There is the fact the new modem can download faster. I don't give a damn about fast downloading myself. But I have been told by the cable company that they can turn off the router portion of the modem and I can use my own router such as NetGear and likely have better service. And they also said hardwired is more reliable and your computer will know if its hardwired even if it is set up with wireless. I can also go online to their control center and select a speed 'channel' that may be faster. There are about a dozen different speed 'channels' as too many near you may be accessing one channel slowing reception down. I have found setting it on automatic is best as others seem to set it to one channel and are stuck there. The automatic speed selection finds the fastest channel automatically each time. I'll let others out think themselves on setting it on one favourite number. And you can't buy your own modem here as they aren't sold in stores or I'd buy my own better quality one. So I have just instructed them to phone me every couple of days to report to me if any problems have occurred that they see which are fixable as they do record issues and outages etc. They have fixed most everything and got tired of calling me constantly. I can be a major pain in the ass if something I'm paying for isn't doing what it's supposed to do. So I do have options (no pun intended) and now things are working well.........so far. But I can also have them set it back up to my previous package with less download speeds and put back my Motorola modem and Netgear router if I really get pissed off again. And if all else fails Telus here which is a phone company also offers Internet for about the same price and uses fiber optics. I have heard it has more and longer issues to solve so don't really want to go there.