Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Interesting Event, Lee got Lucky !!

Hi,
Have to tell this for a reaction on outcome, and brag a little on OptionsXpress.

Thurs. night I was long Dx and profitable. My contingent trailing stop triggered, but did not fill. In fact, the order locked up. I could not cancel it or do anything, was just locked up.

Reason, the connection to exchange went down.
The order was a contingent order held on the Ox computer until triggered (which it did) then sent to the exchange. As it turned out, the order never got to the exchange.

I was told, not to worry, the order would be straightened out and filled when things came back up.

Well, in the following couple of hours, Dx turned and went on back up to the tune of a few hundred bucks in my favor. I called Ox back to find out when trading might resume, and inquired as to just "where that order really was". The trade desk was able to dig into it and it fact never made it to the exchange.

Guess what, with the "tools that the Ox trade desk" could muster, he cancelled the triggered sell order and the trade remained in place !!!! I later closed it out at an additional gain of several hundred dollars !!!

That is an outcome I never would have expected
Thanks Ox !!!!
Lee

Messages In This Thread

Interesting Event, Lee got Lucky !!
Re: Interesting Event, Lee got Lucky !!
Re: Interesting Event, Lee got Lucky !!