Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: BIG HEAT DOME entire midwest next week (Simon)

Thanks Limitup.

It's interesting and appreciated. I honestly don't know the difference much between the Commercials, or Funds. All I know if the biggest positions from my eyes are the buyers who just dropped the bean market in the last 15 minutes of trades to fill more orders they are wanting to hold to the Long side. This is only my analysts of order filling.

In regards to the weather, someone has a strong enough belief in themselves to buy up as many positions as possible for a ride higher or the price wouldn't be acting the way it is. Weather in this case, looks like the reason/or at least part of the answer to why there are so many buyers willing to take a temporary large loss, before a very large move up. Again, this is only what My eyes are seeing. I was right so far about the grains moving higher, and I could be right again. Time will tell.

I only post under one name, for the record. Years ago I posted under one other name, over 5 years ago.

The Heat Dome news, as well as any new exports could be cause to raise ALL grain prices over $1 this coming week. It is a bold thing to say, but the orders are being filled fast enough to be truth. The open interest numbers are also raising like crazy in Wheat. And what the hell kind of a move, moves Wheat up nearly 40 cents, and beans down 33 cents in a 15 minute close (in one day), without everything about to move higher? Again, I could be wrong, but a forum is to discuss reasons why I can't be wrong, and I appreciate the input from everyone.

Sometimes, what is not printed is just as important as what is. And that comment is in reference to the Record Planting Recorded that was all over the news two weeks ago. I suspected then, that there was something up and more than a few people felt that way. It looked too good to be true, and everyone was looking at Wheat falling to $4.00 Now last week it rose more than $1.

Whatever happens this week, it will be interesting to watch.
Thanks everyone for reading. Thanks Limit up for being courageous to post your opinion and weather news.

Simon.