Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Searching Messages for poster/g/All

Hi g, All
On searching posted messages for a "given poster" there seems to be some confusion/misunderstanding.

I did not reply to your post to the Webmaster as you had some other questions in that post.

If you do a search for a "poster" aka "posters handle" the search is not all that sophisticated.
I.E. You check the radio button for search messages and enter the posters handle.

What you are doing is searching all of the available messages for a poster/posters handle CONTAINING the character string you entered. It is also case insensitive.

The single letter g was entered and this will produce any message that has that letter WITHIN the posters handle (both upper OR lower case). In this case one gets the long list that was observed and I recognize most of them, but it DOES MAKE IT DIFFICULT to zero in on the posts of a given poster.

On the other side, a long/unique handle makes it more difficult to use the /handle on the subject line to attract someone's attention - so a two edged sword !!!

In your case g, I might try gg instead. Then if I want to find all of your posts, I bet I would only get yours with that simple change in posting handle.

Try it !!
I find it very helpful/useful to be able to go back and quickly find the past posts of a particular poster.
Unfortunately the Forum software is what it is, and we should be able to work around it with a little fore thought in selecting a Handle.

Hope this helps with the confusion.
Just a little more here:
For "Living Under A Bridge", I refer to him as LUB because I refuse do do all that typing. But I know if I want to find his posts, I must search for something like bridge, or living, or under and I will get the desired result !! Try it.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Searching Messages for poster/g/All
Re: Searching Messages for poster/g/All/LEE
Re: Searching Messages for poster/g/All/LEE