Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Long Term U.S.$ Chart/Trades
In Response To: Long Term U.S.$ Chart *LINK* ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks for the charts, comments !!

I'm sure I have "lost it" on some of this but it seems we have a bit of a "conflict" brewing as the election approaches relative to Dx price and what the effects normally are.

Doesn't a higher Dx // USD normally bring:
Lower crude/gasoline prices
Lower Commod. prices I.E. food at supermarket main interest here

Then, doesn't that normally bring lower stock market prices hence declining 401k's etc.

Then, Reduced exports likely brings reduced job growth although I might vote for Europe et.al making their own stuff, with their own resources !!

Anyway, I'm curious what you and others think on how a rising Dx/USD will play out.

And, yes, Dx did go down today, but there seems to have been a significant "disconnect" with Gold ??
- And that may be just "safe haven" reaction to events in Europe ??

Anyway, what would the politicians in power likely want to see in order to stay in power ????

Thanks, Lee