Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: $WTIC Crude & The ETFs/Silverbear *PIC*

Actually the answer is everything is 'relative'. So using this Qcharts chart you can see a much different story. We are comparing a double with a single so depends on what time frame your comparison is in. I get caught with this now and again and come to a different conclusion until I start comparing from a low onward or from a high onward. Exact opposite charts being they are relative in each time frame. I don't know why I get caught with this often but one does believe what they see. But with Qcharts I can drag the chart back for years if I wish and the chart then reverses its relative difference as I drag. Kinda blows ones mind when trying to come to conclusions but it is what it is I guess. Would need someone much smarter than I to strategize it all. So here is a chart from the 'major' low in March/09 that saw most markets bottom. This does make more sense as the double bull UCO is more volatile than the single bul USO. I guess I caused a 'kerfuffle" for nothing...............

What I do see though is still a difference in performance with the double bull UCO underperforming the USO from last Oct through Feb/12. I suspect this is because of the more sideways price action this time that saw this underperformance. If you compare this latest period to the March/09 major low to the March/10 high you can see this last run up from October was weak 'relative' to the Mar/09-Mar/10 run up. And if there is one thing that will screw up a double ETF chart price action it's sideways trading of any kind. The doubles have a decaying bias to them and it shows with sideways trading especially.