Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

A Market Review and Opinion Report For 24/06/2012

Energies
Oil has continued its rapid descent and is likely to test $66. Any bounce should be sold into, although a $5 rally is more of a chop in this environment than a trend change. Natural gas is a great breakout buy play here and calls are highly recommended.

Financials
The stock market is weak to choppy with little bullish momentum left. Overall, the market should see new lows and a bear play is recommended, however the possibility of a chopping market in the near-term between 1280 and 1345 on the S&P is to be expected. Bonds should chop in this area with another price surge likely during the summer. The dollar is in a recovery mode after a brief retracement. A new high should be anticipated in coming weeks and the pressure on the euro could be intense. I continue to see the Aussie and Canadian dollars as trend-shifting shorts, while the Japanese yen is expected to reverse last week’s breakdown.

The Japanese Yen futures will hit 140 before it hits 80 or I will quit writing the Weekend Commodities Review...forever.

Grains
A massive rally in grains has been sparked by hot and dry weather, and there is a real risk for this year’s crops. That being said, it’s premature for this move. The crop was looking like an oversupply to me, so a drought just evens the score during a year where global demand should take it on the chin. The global economy is the real issue, but it’s a macro issue and therefore it is unlikely that the market can see it for what it is during a weather rally. Therefore, this short-term move is just what a bear on the sidelines ordered to get a great entry into a short. See how I recommend trading it in this week’s Mound Trade Signals Week Ahead report by subscribing here at http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=23183&id=gmiejjq8jp8x5w2x8jf86ddsqfg7f&id2=gtk9nofmll6nkmd8o2ef2iodc3h2y&subscriber_id=abqwcguoackliswspcxzcnbgqhnkbpj&delivery_id=bjxatiafwjziapauaidwmsnowxsbbac&tid=3.Wo8.BtUCGg.Cb3d.MmNt..qe9x.b..l.A1I3.b.T-jXqw.T-jXqw.A1T0yQ

Meats
Cattle have topped in the near-term, but this technical setup is really a coin flip over the next couple of weeks. After that a clear resumption of the bear trend should be available to play. Hogs are on a big bull run here and a short is the play at this level, however puts are recommended ahead of the anticipated volatility from Friday’s quarterly hogs and pigs report.

Metals
Gold and silver continue to establish bearish momentum and are strong shorts with new lows expected this week. The next dollar rally is likely to break these markets, and there is little to stop gold from sinking $300 or more in the coming months when a panic liquidation sets in. Puts are undervalued in my opinion, with the expected downside volatility just mentioned. Copper is in a long-term downtrend after establishing a clear top, and I see a 30% drop in price from current levels before the year is out.

Softs
Coffee has resumed its downtrend but near-term downside is limited and balanced against upside potential, making it an avoidable market. July cotton has been on a wild ride, with a sudden selloff helping to create a less volatile decline in the back months. This market remains untradeable and is off my radar and report for the time being. Cocoa is a strong short along with sugar. OJ is a buy here with straight calls.

Disclaimer: Trading in futures and options involves a substantial degree of a risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Fundamental factors, seasonal and weather trends, daily news, and other current events may have already been factored into the markets. Commodities trading can be extremely risky and is not for everyone. Some trading strategies have unlimited risk. Educate yourself on the risks and rewards of such investing prior to trading. James Mound Marketing Group, the publisher, and/or its affiliates, staff or anyone associated with James Mound Marketing Group or www.moundreport.com, do not guarantee profits or pre-determined loss points, and are not held monetarily responsible for the trading losses of others (subscribers or otherwise). Information provided is compiled by sources believed to be reliable. James Mound Marketing Group, and/or its principals, assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions as the information may not be complete or events may have been canceled or rescheduled. Any copy, reprint, broadcast or distribution of this report of any kind is prohibited without the expressed written consent of James Mound Marketing Group.

Messages In This Thread

A Market Review and Opinion Report For 24/06/2012