Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Is Corn (ZCZ12) Going to Moon or What?/Limitup

Hi Limitup,
This is a repeat of my earlier questions from Sat.
I would appreciate your trying to answer it ....
I have added the data for n,u,z as of tonight (now).

Hi Limitup, All Others - no room for handles,
I'm not chasing anyone on anything, but I have been following Corn and the comments !!!

On Corn - Limitup:
Here are the contract prices I have recorded recently - think they are correct/close enough ...

Jun 27... Jun 28... Jun 29....Jul 1
wed 9pm thur close fri close sun 10.45pm
n 643.75 n 651.00 n 672.50 n 685.75 Current OI 34013
u 614.50 u 624.75 u 628.50 u 648.75
z 609.00 z 630.50 z 634.75. z 653.75

The initial interest was in your "squeeze play comment" on the N contract.
It certainly seems to have played out the way you suggested And I guess that contract can still be traded by some until 7/13. I wish I had recorded the OI and trading volume day by day also.

Maybe Cn is zeroing in on the typical OI for settlement ??
Please comment with your views on this ....

Now on the U and Z including the weather .........
What is your view of the Friday USDA report in all of this ????

On the weather comments:
I am not trying to argue this one way or the other. I remember a bit of 2008 !!!

I suspect that if this heat continues, U and Z are not going to remain as "stable" as they have been the last couple of days. [All went up a fair amount tonight !!]

Limitup:
You commented on "pollination and ......" a week or so ago, what is your take on the current situation ??
I read this comment "The best rain or chart on the planet cannot save corn now. If no rain, that trend line will be ignored...."

This appears to be TWO outcomes -- The corn crop (Cz) is already "shot" but then goes on with "if no rain" !!! So what happens if we get rain (as I think CeeJay mentioned as a possibility") and how soon to save the crop ???

Doesn't sound like there is going to be any letup in the heat over next week !!!

- CeeJay's weather thoughts today don't look very promising for a break in the heat nor getting much more than spotty rain in the form of some thunderstorms.
Thanks, Lee