Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

A Market Review and Opinion Report For 08/07/2012

Energies
Oil continues its volatile and choppy fall as the global economic outlook combined with declining euro currency buying power have helped to break the market. Expect more downside throughout the summer with an eye on geopolitical and hurricane related volatility exposure. Natural gas remains a strong buy and is at a critical juncture in the near term as the reversal on Friday needs to be quickly dismissed in order for bullish momentum to be sustained. Keep in mind that the recommended view on nat gas is a long term out of the money call strategy – not to get caught up in the short term swings.

Financials
Stocks remain stuck in a chop after exhausting its rally efforts. The market is near term bearish but overall avoidable as a trading opportunity. The bond market should inversely echo that sentiment. The US dollar is a bull market and fresh two year lows in the euro should clear the way for more upside momentum in the dollar as the liquidation in Europe continues. Monday is a critical momentum establishing day in the currency world. The Japanese yen has been in a tight channel and should breakout to the upside this week despite negative economic data early in the week. I continue to stand by my forecast that:

The Japanese Yen futures will hit 140 before it hits 80 or I will quit writing the Weekend Commodities Review...forever.

Grains
The weather rally in the grain sector has far exceeded my expectations and continues to blow a bigger and bigger bubble in a sector that I predict is doomed to collapse after the short covering run loses momentum.

Meats
On a daily the cattle market is showing a clear bull flag despite my longer term views of more downside. Hogs are approaching a sell but currently is avoidable.

Metals
Gold and silver remain bearish and choppy, and this safe haven flight to quality investment is starting to reflect a bit less consumer and investor optimism. There comes a point where a flight to quality becomes overpriced, and in a global economy that should be more concerned about deflation than inflation it is no surprise that the overpriced argument is helping to build bearish momentum in this sector. Personally I view it as long overdue and expect serious downside volatility in coming months.

Softs
Coffee and sugar have experienced a strong rally in recent weeks as wet weather in Brazil and a general commodity rally has helped both these bearish markets exhibit signs of recovery. This is an ideal selling opportunity in both markets with put options recommended long term. Cocoa is a strong sell with a 1500 target by year’s end. OJ has rallied as anticipated but overall this market is avoidable and unlikely to rally much beyond 140.

Disclaimer: Trading in futures and options involves a substantial degree of a risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Fundamental factors, seasonal and weather trends, daily news, and other current events may have already been factored into the markets. Commodities trading can be extremely risky and is not for everyone. Some trading strategies have unlimited risk. Educate yourself on the risks and rewards of such investing prior to trading. James Mound Marketing Group, the publisher, and/or its affiliates, staff or anyone associated with James Mound Marketing Group or www.moundreport.com, do not guarantee profits or pre-determined loss points, and are not held monetarily responsible for the trading losses of others (subscribers or otherwise). Information provided is compiled by sources believed to be reliable. James Mound Marketing Group, and/or its principals, assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions as the information may not be complete or events may have been canceled or rescheduled. Any copy, reprint, broadcast or distribution of this report of any kind is prohibited without the expressed written consent of James Mound Marketing Group.