Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn *LINK*
In Response To: Re: Corn ()

Cash Corn is trading well above market. See link below. Again, conditions are deterierating hourly with 90 degree days in the forcast for two more weeks and not a spit of rain. The bushels are litteraly disappearing to arrested and aborted kernals. Informa has already put the crop at less than 80 million acres of corn to be harvested and well below the trend line averages. I see about 50 bpa in my fields and those around me. In central IL they think 80 bpa average. There has been rain in Northern MN and WI, but their output is a small percentage of the total crop. Look again at the most recent drought map. It is beyond crisis. I have read article about the "Food RIots of 2013". Now - to qualify my comments - I have already sold more than I will produce at much lower levels, so I no longer have any dogs in this race. I will deliver what ever I can at about 5.70 a bushel just to survive. Look for total US Corn Crop at no more than 7 billion bushels.