Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

for Trades

I really think you will appreciate this. I have read and re-read proust's in search of lost time. you make think it ridiculous as many do, but i think this intro. to alain de botton's thought process will corrroborate your experiences which i have found to be true. either way it's 20 min or less and if you happen by chance to read swann's way, proust's first novel in the edition, read it like poetry. it is hard to believe that 4,500 pages can be fuller than emaily dickinson and walt whitman sentence by sentence. to my account, shakespeare is shakespeare but he is no genuius since this is a modern term, merely a playwright who has for certain not so well known reasons, remained the center of our cannon. but i promise you, read swann's way as if it were poetry and then read king lear and all of shakespeare's sonnets, and decided for yourself who is the 'genius.' keep in mind that thousands of plays were written in shakespeare's time about all of this themes, so orgiginality is again a modern notion of shakespeare. proust, on the other hand, well, cannot be defined. to me his multi-volume in search of lost time is humanities greatest contribution.

hope you are doing well!
andrew

Messages In This Thread

for Trades
Re: for Trades/Andrew