Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Lean Hog Advice
In Response To: Re: Lean Hog Advice ()

Well no trading signal is fool proof. Right now, the way I see things, I'd buy back those hogs. Don't take my advice though, because if I'm wrong, you'll hate me. I'll give you an example of a reversal bar, and stochastics, MA's in hogs.
Here's a chart of Oct. 2012 LH: http://www.commoditycharts.com/charts/custom/HEV12/&page=chart&cancelstudy=&studies=STOSL;SMA%285%29;SMA%2810%29;SMA;&type=com&density=M&volume=&grid=on&scale=LIN&size=S&a=D
First of all, notice how the trend is slowing down. The last three bars aren't as down trending as previous bars; it looks as though the trend is ending, which could be completely wrong; and it could continue; note that, although you wouldn't lose if you took profits now.
Notice how none of the MA's (5,10,20) are not moving up; so it's still short looking at it from the moving average signals.
Notice how the slow Stochastic is looking at turning into a buy signal. There may be a buy signal at close of trading today.
Reversal bar when you're short; here's an example; move your cursor to the June 27 bar; note that that day, the market traded lower than the previous few bars, ran sharply upwards, and closed higher than previous close.
If you're going to trade technically, you need to read books on the subject. I can't really recommend any, because in the wrong hands, they'll all lose money.
I am now paper trading a few different systems; I'd like to see where I'm at in a few months; a year. If you want to look at my paper trades, go to
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/futuresContractsTrading/
Please, do not take any trades based on what I put up there. If you do and lose, the onus is on youse. I have no idea whether or not I can make money or not.

Messages In This Thread

Lean Hog Advice