Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Fed may buy other (!?!) assets, Williams says/

Hi icd,
Great post !!!!
I'm basically all for "free trade" as long as the "playing field is 'flat' " but that is often not the case (aka China).

I would like to see a really strong "buy America " initiative get started - to the point where being seen driving a foreign car, sporting a foreign made product such as a phone etc. would brand you as a "social outcast" !!!! But I realize that this is also quite unrealistic at the moment. I bet there is not a single cell phone made in the US !!!!

On your 1995 computer comment !!!! Yes, I still have mine also. But as a electrical engineer, I built mine and went through several "upgrades" as the technology/new hardware evolved/became available.

This is going to wind up becoming an overall compliment to the Industry and Microsoft !!

You have me reminiscing !!!!! Went through Win95, NT (skipped Win 98), then Win 2000, Win XP.
I quit there and still run XP.

As far as I know the Microsoft OS flavors are still a "buy America" product.

Getting tired, have to quit here on this one, but Microsoft deserves credit for evolving the product as the hardware evolved. Remember the 3 mb. or so "hard disk size wall" ??? Pretty close if my number is off a little, but as the technology improved, so did the OS supporting Terabyte disk drives !!

Anyway, BUY AMERICA whenever you can !!!!

Lee