Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Lee - NatGas!!
In Response To: Lee - NatGas!! ()

Yes. It was pointed out here rightly so by Trader, that we have hit the 200 day ema and it has poked over it. And it needs to close
a few session over to confirm. In the June time frame it failed that 200 day moving avg.

However, the difference now vs June and earlier is that on a Monthly and Weekly chart, all supporting technical indicators have show
the down trend weakn'd. Oscillators like Stochsand MACD histogram and RSI are all pointing up on the monthly and weekly with
bullish divergence in some cases for months and weeks..

However, as Trader pointed out, the ema's are not all in synch yet to show a "definite" change in trend.

However, again (lol), DMI and Adx which are very good "trend" indicators are showing the Trend up and strengthening.

Again as I had this conversation with CK, THIS time, its not just the Daily chart showing the up move, It looks to be
backed up by the Weekly and Monthly as well.

"Officially", we need to see the ema's all in synch to "confirm". But I agree with Brandt here.

Exited my Nov straddle and sold my 340 calls yesterday at the end of the day that were bought when price was 285 ish.
My 240 insurance PUT is pretty much worthless at this point But thats the idea. Its there if prices reverse but mean
nothing if you catch the move the other way. This is just my way of catching a move and being in the market and not worrying
if I'm wrong. So that I'm not sitting on the sidelines waiting for things to set up officially while the market is making a great
move.

Looking to set up another straddle in December after a pullback here. However, if this is a wave 3, there may not be a lot
of consolidation to buy "cheap" options. But I will likely Buy preferred CALLS and a PUT or two somewhere for insurance
on a complete reversal.

Happy Trading.

Messages In This Thread

Lee - NatGas!!
Re: Lee - NatGas!!