Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Order of Orders

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to futures trading so please forgive my being a newbie. So far I've just been day trading and placing one market order at a time then another market order on my stop or exit.
But what if I place an order to buy, for example, and the market goes in my favor and I place another order to buy at a slightly higher price. Then supposing the market goes against me and hits the stop loss point of my first order. Is this the order that would be offset when I enter my stop loss order at market? Or would the order offset my second buy order at a slight loss for example, and then if the market fell further to my second stop loss point (for my second original buy order) would that stop loss offset my first buy order, thus incurring a much greater loss on my first buy order? I guess to put it simply, is the first order in the one that is offset first? Thanks for your help, and once again please excuse my "newbieness".

Messages In This Thread

Order of Orders
(Message Deleted by Poster)
Re: Order of Orders/Wayne, BarbeeO
Re: Order of Orders