Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: online petition to impeach Diane Feinstein
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

Wayne,

saw it on the news and was reading in USA Today about a news paper in NY called The Journal News that posted an online database naming all handgun permit holders in threee New Yourk counties. The article said the Journal mined public records to list everone licensed to own a pistol or revolve in Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam counties. The headline of the article is The gun owner next door: What you don't know about the weapons in your neighborhood. The newspaper and the USA Today are both owned by Gannet.

Another paragraph caught my eye, which said " The virulent reaction to the Westchester reporting did not surpise Chris Peck, editor of the (memphis) Commercial Appeal, which published the names and zip code locations of everyone whith a concealed carry permit in Tennesse in February 2009. The news paper's web-only list was drawn from open records at the Tennessee Department of Safety.

Who knows why these papers mine the data and post it. However, the way I read it, it sounds like if you own or carry you are the bad guy.

Looks like what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Some blogger decided to post the addresses of the major players at the newspaper responsible for the article listing all the gun owners by mining their addresses and posting them online. You can get the link by going to the article of the attached link and going to the link called "dig up and organize".

http://news.yahoo.com/newspaper-published-gun-owner-addresses-gets-staffs-outed-144657471.html