Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: April Gold/ March Corn/Trout *PIC*

Hi Trout. Well Gold has been a disappointment for some time now. And with all the chaos in the financial world it is not a good sign to see it underperform so many other markets. Even a break above 1700 would see next resistance at 1750 and then 1800. Not a lot to get excited about. And the seasonal trend is bullish into Feb which hasn't helped other than keeping it from crashing. With what was going on I would have expected a lot more on the upside. China just allowed its people to buy Gold ETFs as well and even that didn't help Gold. But clearing 1700 would be bullish for a rally of some sort. From here on seasonal trends show a wide sideways choppy trend into a summer low historically. But the price is what will determine what's next I guess. Seeing is believing but fwiw I would not be surprised to see a breakdown rather than a breakout. The Gold stock ETF:GDX is very oversold and due for at least a bounce soon but I wouldn't want to be an early bird on that either.

As far as March Corn goes price did breakout over the downtrendline and price resistance of 736. Price is now consolidating in a tight range and holding the breakout which is very bullish. Much like March Crude did when it cleared $95. Always bullish to see. No guarantee it will hold of course but it is bullish and one of the things that has a solid track record. Each day it stays above 736 the more likely it will rally once again. Next resistance is the top of the channel at 766. Would not take much to clear 766 either. Then if cleared the old high of 838. Seasonals are way out of whack with the summer rally so don't seem to mean much now.