Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: 20 Year Chart of $SPX *PIC*
In Response To: 20 Year Chart of $SPX *LINK* ()

I made this chart earlier in the year. Enjoy.
A home made yearly chart out of a monthly (a tad crude but it's the best I can do). What can we learn?

I see a large TR with creek (resistance) 2000 / 2007, ice (support) 2002 / 2008. What if 09 was a spring?

Spring... a penetration below a previous support area with no significant price weakness, price immediately
moves higher above the support area.

With the 2011's mid range close I thought we had a 3 bar correction at the time. The 08 bar wiped out 5 years
of work in one bar. One would anticipate further weakness correct? Well 2012 didn't break so we have to 86
that idea & think maybe at a minimum an UT is a possibility or triple top?

Upthrust - a sharp price movement above a prior support level which does not hold, but immediately reacts below
that previous level (spring in reverse).