Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: C o r n on the cob hmmmm
In Response To: Re: C o r n on the cob hmmmm ()

Limitup.
Many are reading the thread and it's a good learning medium. Now I can see why you said that most "traders" don't make it "trading" commodities. Limitup. Your approach is more of a "long term" and you are looking at my trade from your perspective.
My trading is just a simple one week (some times few weeks or few days) "swing trade" , very short term. Since the trade is a "swing trade" and commodities can at times move very fast.... hmmm "liquidity" - front month is where it is at - The current corn trade is for 150k bushels. The plan is to lock 0.10 cent move on 50K, letting the rest ride till a) hits a mayor S/R to lock an other 50K b) let the rest ride till trailing stop is hit or the objective is hit (Limit stop). In the current trade 50K is already lock and currently trailing the rest. Very simple...... no wedding here, just a little date. As for the posted charts? It gives me an idea where the S/Rs are, that's my road map.
Yea but what about those out of whack objectives?
Looking into the future, the objectives have the same 50/50 as those conservative objectives posted by the "experts" .....bc you are looking into the future, no one knows...you be surprise how many times it does hit those "out of whack" objectives and the so called experts are like Uh? What happen? That was not suppose to happen here! This happen very often to the "experts" but they keep making noise saying how good they are, only bc they know how to cover their tracks very well.......

Limitup, as always, thanks for sharing.

g