Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Profitable Trading: Show Me The Numbers

I am forced to respectfully disagree with that approach.

Setting trading goals, especially those of profit and time frame, I have seen lead to nothing but a broken trader.

From what I've seen, it leads to a trader's frustration ... needing to find some trade(s) that will keep them following their profit plan and goals.

I've been around these markets ... pushing four decades (actually almost in the middle of three and four - don't want to make myself older than I actually am). Moreover, I've pulled more than a few dollars out of them.

Those that I have seen, either still hitting them ... or ... made it and took the money and ran (serious multi-year money) ....

They were very selective of their trades. Sometimes, not even in the market for months at a time.

Wait, wait, wait ...

Try, try, try (that's the risk control of playing that one side)

Then, when correct .... proven correct .... push that dagger in to the hilt.

No quick stab here or there, out for blood ... out to win.

But, heck .... what do I know?