Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

margin calls, etc.{Wayne}
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

I thought this is when the printing press should be kicked into high gear...so as to have enough money to cover margin calls.

Don't "they" say to never cover a margin call, just straight liquidate the loser? Anyways... Back in 2010 he called himself 'Electro' and in 2011 it was 'Higher Power', since then its been '7-10 rocks'. Must admit, in a fit of weakness, plunged on a few 7-10 setups myself and lost over 20 thou. Always best to rely on one's own personal interpretation and hone a comprehensive perception based on witnessed experience. I could never make money from advisories or newsletters. If I followed them, they were invariably wrong. And if I decided to fade them, then of course they were right.

What TRout said about paying oneself every month. Since I began pulling profits out to pay for farm expenses, it has improved my trading. Otherwise, I used to just leave money in the account and treat it like a a video game, not serious. Except when I lost it all, it became real serious. Hard to define it for anyone else. Smacks of recovery from addiction. Gotta hit rock bottom and find unique salvation.

Reminds me of wiring money to make a margin call and by the time the money hit the brokerage firm, the loser had already eaten the new money up and I was on fresh margin call. Those were the days. I was in the ring, on the ropes, punched looney, got knocked out a lot. Evidenced by my brain damage.

Take care. And may you hit the pupil within the bullseye every time with trading and all else as well.