Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Daytrading Mine Field *LINK* *PIC*

BS"D

Exploit Pit Pivot Points
Daytrading Course
Learn to Read the Tape

DAILY PIVOT MAGIC TRADING JOURNAL - EXCERPT

Good morning and a good week,

Friday was regular mine field full of swings and traps.
Our day was made with a nice morning run up. Then
another couple of quickie afternoon trades paid our
overhead, leaving us with a smile, a very pained smile.

Enjoy and be well,

Pivot Magic Trading
First rule:
"Any time you don't know what is happening, get out!"

E-mini ES H3
Friday 07 June 2013

Morning session opens gap-up, back inside the LT Trend Channel (green line), and heads immediately south
to retest the Channel Floor.

1 = We would need to count the white candle to get a preceding Bear trend, leaving us confused as the
tape presents a reversal at the green line.

When the kickoff qualifies as a 2-candle 123 (blue arrow), doubling the signal, we enter aggressively,
with multiple contracts.

A = Large white candle nose up at the R1 puts our position in PMT Maximum Profit Giveback (MPG) violation.
Mental stop at Giveback Level.

B = DVS (pink arrow) drives a large white candle, and again our position is in MPG violation. Note that
this is a 2-candle 123. Add contracts AND move a mental profit-locking stop to Giveback Level.

C = Large white candle once more puts us in MPG violation. Mental stop at Giveback Level. Twin Towers
(pink arrow) indicates a stall/sag is coming, so we are double glad to have a mental stop in play.

D = A 2-point candle is almost a small candle with today's bloated morning ABS. The elongated top wick
qualifies it as a stall. This looks like a good opportunity to employ my convention and to slip the stop
into the gap.

As the next (red Bear Dragonfly) candle signals a reversal, the stop is hit. +/- 7.25 points

That's how I like to start a day!

Reversal turns out to be no more than a sagging stall, but our ulcers surely couldn't have handled the
following hour and a half of sideways wiggle and traps.

2 = We enter aggressively on a DVS-driven Marubozu completing a 2-bar Reversal off the R2.

E = Large red candle through the MA. Per our stop rules, move the profit-locking stop above the MA.

F = Large red candle. Stop rules tell us to move the profit-locking stop above the high of the candle.
Noting that both = E and = F have elongated bottom wicks, make that a mental stop.

The next two candles, a Doji and a small white candle, warn of stall/reversal. Convert to a mental stop.
Exit as the next candle shows white. +/- 2.50 points

Volume drops to extreme lows and lunchtime sideways drift ensues.

3 = Doji Sandwich off the R1. Volume is up, but only somewhat.

G = We tentatively enter on a white Bull Dragonfly through the MA. Advance stop under the MA for reduced
At Risk. This move may call for aggressive trading technique.

H = Volume bulges (pink arrow), generating a large white candle. Per PMT stop rules, move the
profit-locking stop under the low of the candle. Don't like that elongated top wick one bit!

J = No follow through Volume to accompany this exhaustion gap and smallish white candle. Apply my
convention and slip the stop into the gap.

The next candle is a small white stall. When the candle after that completes a red Bear Dragonfly we go
flat. +/- 2 points

Turns out to only be an S-trap, and the run up continues without us all the way to a spike through the R2.

PERSPECTIVE
(Daily, bottom chart)

Friday taped a large white day candle that nicely re-entered
the LT Trend Channel (green channel lines. Monday probably
will retest the Channel Floor before the Bulls try to press
the Price Action deeper into the Channel.

REMEMBER: Trade the Tape, Not my Prognostics!

BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING, AND GUARD YOUR FUNDS!

Asher
=] ;-)>

Friday's PMT Chart: