Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global Update//rabbit/duck/gp/trout *LINK*
In Response To: Re: MF Global Update//rabbit ()

Did a quick google on this company. From one of the articles I took a small snippet and pasted it below. I also attached the link for this article.

"U.S. Bank held funds of the collapsed Peregrine, whose founder and CEO, Russell Wasendorf Sr., was found guilty of stealing $215 million from customers over two decades and sentenced in January to 50 years in prison. The crimes were uncovered after a botched suicide attempt, in which Wasendorf Sr. left a suicide note confessing to the fraud".

The article goes on to ask the question on how the guy was able to do it for 20 years and just recently he was caught. Also states that US Bancorp spokesman says the lawsuit is without merit.

I don't know what they will get back, but I hope it is more than what I believe duck mentioned in his earlier post. I believe it was duck's post. Hate to see this happen. If there was MF Global, and, PFG, makes you wonder who else may be out there that no one knows about yet.