Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng -weather
In Response To: Re: Ng ()

I did take father's day off - it was also my birthday and so the family kept me pretty busy.

Weather-wise the long range ensembles show a shift from the current omega pattern of troughs on each northern corner of the lower 48 and a ridge in the middle to a a much more zonal pattern by early next week and a massively building ridge centered over the southern Rockies and southern Plains by the middle of next week and beyond. This patterns will induce monsoonal flow over west TX and Arizona; possibly the southern CO Rockies as well. The US monsoon brings some rain and temperature relief to these areas and so they will be a little cooler than usual June 27th-July 4th, but it will heat up over the rest of the country - especially over the Great Basin in the west and the mid-Atlantic in the east, and put pressure on NG supplies as cooling demand really ramps up. Given simultaneous declines in TX during this period, NG consumption should remain near to slightly above average levels. NG injections to be reported tomorrow should be slightly above average which should lead to higher prices in the short-term; the long term trend is bullish as well but as production remains high, upside potential is probably limited.

There is a tropical disturbance in the SW gulf of Mexico..it won't threaten the US and will dissipate over MX near Veracruz by the end of the week, according to the Hurricane Center.

I'll do a full update on the weekend.