Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: OctSugar new contract low, Is It a CRAB? *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

Thank you, Monsieur Fisher, for your broad perspective chart highlighting 15 cents. I was hoping that you would share some more esoteric analysis made possible by your recent costly acquisition of much enhanced technical charting capability. But as the previous example resembling Moire art you offered as demonstration of vast analytics left me dazed and bewildered, perhaps it better you point out the forest to me, rather than have me mumbling counting leaves on the trees...

My Elliot friend seems to have left me abandoned, silent the past couple days, rather blatantly neglecting to comment on today's sugar price action and how it impacts bullish wave considerations. Being that price has fallen below his stated buy in at 16.80, either he is out on a breakeven stop or sitting somewhere with me here in the dark red soup. His silence suggests that I've been abandoned by the commodity kid, having followed him into the Elliot world and now lost. Admittedly, his boast of 30cent sugar objective triggered my relapse back to addictive consumption. Well had I heeded Brother icd's invitation to leave the sugar scene about a month ago, he wisely recognized no bargain to be had in sweetener anytime soon.

"Put the pipe down, just pull the needle out of your arm, screw the lid back on the pill bottle and get to a meeting", they say. Well, looks like I'll have to be opening up the 'Big Book' again in search of sanity. Enough is enough. I got myself in a costly predicament and might as well educate myself for the price. Time to crack open "Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros" by Suri Duddella.

Sugar had stopped going down, a fact. And sharply rallied, then plunged forming a cleavage and rallied again, only to collapse, today to new lows albeit closing up off abit. What is that pattern? It appears to be a harmonic pattern akin to the Gartley, perhaps the Bat Pattern, but more likely either a Butterfly Pattern but especially the Crab Pattern. Here is chart with drawn lines to highlight this picture. Yellow uses closes, while blue touches extreme highs and lows. Daily Detrended Oscillator is plotted below. Putting this out there. Pretty sure it's a Crab and there's a link to trading the Crab specifically. Gotta go outside and feed the animals, get back to this after some fresh air.