Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global Update/Wayne *LINK*
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

From what I have read it appears unlikely at this point that criminal charges are going to get made that is why the civil lawsuit. JonBoy testified before congress and Edith (assistant treasurer) took the fifth. I have attached a link to another interesting article. Implies that more focus is on Edith, and that maybe she will eventually point the finger at JonBoy. Also that JonBoy may point the finger at her, so let the finger pointing begin. I think they need to put pressure on Edith as the article points out legal expenses could be a factor eventhough MF Global insurance for legal expenses has been footing the bill. I read that in the last year that legal expenses paid by MF Global has gone from something like 9 mil to 30 mil. A request has been made to Giddens that it be capped at 40 mil. Man that is the racket to be in. Also that the insurance policies are in someway considered an asset to MF Global and if they are continued to be used up in someway can affect some claims against MF Global. I don't know how this works.

Interesting that phone conversations at MF Global were being recorded. I read something that this is a regulation. I am not sure. I wonder if this includes phone conversations between customers and their brokers or it is limited in someway to only officers. I may try to google it and find out more.

Messages In This Thread

MF Global Update *LINK*
(Message Deleted by Poster)
Re: MF Global Update
Re: MF Global Update/Wayne *LINK*
Re: MF Global Update/Wayne
Re: MF Global Update/Wayne