Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Options volume help

Trying to figure out why alot of volume goes on way out of money options.
For example today in October sugar 18 calls the price is only .10 which is not
Alot but there was 2190 volume on this option. Are traders buying or selling this
And how can you find out at end of day what traders were doing with this.
The market is bearish but a nice breakout today but I'm curious to see what traders are doing
That I don't know. If you buy or sell numerous contracts then its obvious you can make
Money but a buyer would be crazy to buy this today in a bearish setup and a seller would be out
A wise choice but your profit potential isn't much. Please help me as I know I am missing the big picture
And any help would be appreciated.