Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Seasonal Yen Breakout? *LINK* *PIC*

From my perspective -- I am a U.S. Dollar bull -- the answer to the question in the headline would be yes.

The nice thing about believing that the pattern on the chart is an accurate reflection of the underlying fundamentals is you do not have to worry so much that the next headline will sink your position. But whether the great pennant in the Yen breaks in the direction is was moving in when it created the wide base in the spring -- and supported by a bearish seasonal; see chart below-- or not, we must still always use stop loss orders and be prepared to bend rather than be broken.

A picture is indeed worth a 1,000 words so I will let these two graphs speak for themselves.

Trading is a risky endeavor and not suitable for most investors.

Messages In This Thread

Seasonal Yen Breakout? *LINK* *PIC*
Re: Seasonal Yen Breakout?
Re: Seasonal Yen Breakout?