Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: the great bean crash of -14
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

The methods I use in my estimation of short term (7 day and 14 day) futures (and also specific corporate stock) price movements, is based upon certain criteria I select, to make up "bindu" numbers (Sanskrit for "energy point") estimations, for the given futures contract or specific stock, for the given date under consideration, and then projected forward for 7 (usually) or 14 days (sometimes-mostly here with stocks). With the specific "energy point" number for the given contract (or stock) I then look at the "energy point number" according to various other criteria:

1) one model uses an "overall" (general) energy point number (which I refer to as the "Part of Substance"): in this model, if the specific energy point number of the specific futures contract or stock is lower than the "Part of Substance" (overall or general) energy point number, then this indicates that the price of the specific futures contract or stock will decline over the forthcoming period of time (7 days, or, using other criteria, 14 days;), that is, this indicates a short position; if the energy point number of the specific futures contract or stock is the same or higher than the "Part of Substance" (overall or general) energy point number, then this indicates that the price of the specific futures contract or stock will rise over the given period of time (indicates a long position)

2) another model simply uses the energy point number of the specific contract or stock, without comparison to a general (overall) "Point of Substance" energy point number: in this model, 28 "bindus" (energy points) is the "average", and any contract or stock with this total = a "no action" (neither long nor short) situation for the given time period (7 or, sometimes, 14 days); if the contract or stock garners 27 (or fewer) energy points (by the criteria applied) then this = a short (price decline) indication for the given time period; if the contract or stock "earns" 29 or more energy points (by the criteria applied) this = a long (price rise) indication for the contract (or stock) for the given time period.

3) another model compares the energy point number of the specific contract or stock, for date 1 with the energy point number for the same contract or stock estimated for exactly 7 days later: in this model, if the energy point total increases this = a long position indication, and if the energy point total decreases this indicates a short position, over the given 7 day period; in this model, the total energy point figure does not apply (for determining long or short indications, as in model 2, above), only whether the energy point total increases or decreases (from day 1 to day 7 of the given time period) is considered in making the long or short position indication.

I have experimented with 3 other models, similar to (but modifications of) the above: of the various models, it seems (so far) that model 3, above, has given the most encouraging results.

In testing the results of these models, I always use the given open price (for contract or for stock) and take the given closing price, for exactly 7 (or in some cases 14) days later, to determine whether or not the indication yielded a profit or a loss.

The basis of these models is derived from Vedic sources (their "ashtakavarga" system, or "8 sources of energy" system, the literature dating to pre-AD times) but reworked (by me) and directed toward (the attempted) prediction of commodity futures and stock price levels on a short term (7 or 14 day) level.

These models have no relationship to the methodology attributed to Gann.

Obviously the criteria applied to operate these models, ie the criteria used to estimate the "energy points" for futures contracts and stocks, is the key to this method: since I choose not to detail these criteria or exactly how they are to be evaluated, and since apparently the TFC Forum-via its spokespersons-requires such complete elaboration in order for posters to make any comments or express their opinions about market issues and trends, I shall make no further posts on this Forum-perhaps another Forum exists where such comments can be made with requiring complete disclosure of the criteria used in making such comments.

Best wishes!
Richard L. Farr

Messages In This Thread

the great bean crash of -14 *PIC*
(Message Deleted by Poster)
Re: the great bean crash of -14...T1
Re: the great bean crash of -14...T1