Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Talking about our money is like talking about

your focus is too narrow here. The market is one system. But one big system. It should be more like, the bear market in the dollar is 13 years old, the bull run in metals almost as long, Hmmmm, I better get my @$$ out of the metals and start accumulating UUP -- dollar index etf.

In commodities that have such a narrow trading audience there will always be exceptions. Example: it is awful tempting to stick my toe in the water and pick up a little of the ETF CORN w/ the idea of accumulating it But if 3.00 isn't the new floor for the future I may be a little early, but w/ an ETF w/ the idea of buying a little every month no bid deal if I'm a year or two early. Eventually corn will go back to $8 or $10 is my guess.

In my experience it is also best to have a modest outlook and keep your risk low. EX: yes I think rates will start to edge higher but my expectations are to profit form a 3/4 to 1-1/4 rise in the 10's. I'm not looking for armegedon.