Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Bond futures/ ICD

That's the $64,000 question.

Real estate can be very hard to liquidate in a timely manner. Many specs are already positioned and if they ever want to sell, they might accept serious losses just to exit. After all, most are speculating with speculative capital. There are places I would "invest" in real estate, but I would not mention such on this venue. If you are choosey, there are things out there but always look for some value-added features (e.g. across from a golf course, etc. (AND that is not a feature I would look for, it's just an example, lol)). I like something that earns a return of some kind. Cash or enjoyment. I am thinking real estate will fall or stay flat into 2020 if the cycles hold up. I am in no hurry.

If he is in London, how can he keep his hands on his real estate in US if he fixes up and flips? Will you be doing the hands-on?

Think Colorado might be good with all of the freedom they now have. know lots of people who sense the opportunity there. Old and young. some have already moved. these are good people, not hippies.

What is your son interested in? He should look there first. Can he invest in himself (school, apprentice, etc.) and earn a good return over time?

I can live 2 years and have food, toiletries, clothes, etc. without buying anything. My cars (2) will probably last another 15 years of use, easy. I am a bit of a prepper. It costs just a little to do but, I will use it all over time anyway. I like to be clean shaven and have clean clothes and good shoes (have 5-20 years worth). Asics and Johnston Murphy, lol, my favorites. Don't know if your son would be interested in such.

The people who are most at risk are those who rely on .gov for their business income. There is so much waste. I do not believe Social Security or Medicare will be gutted but I think just about everything else will be on the chopping block pretty soon. Maybe he should steer clear of that. "Does your company rely on .gov for most of its revenue" is a question I would ask if investing.

Whatever caters to high end folks has a good chance. I noticed long ago that there were many grand houses built in the later 20s around here and, for the most part, the folks never had to move.

Insider, find out what he likes. Where would he like to live? London is very expensive. Then, look at the map first.

Sorry to beat around the bush, but there are few safe places to invest now. I would cast a wide, well-thrown net if he wants to try to be safe with his funds.

You see many grocery chains offering local produce.....I believe there is a niche for many, many hydroponic food sources for them on a local basis. A year-round supply that would cut out transportation costs to the retailer.

Money is an intermediary "thing" meant to assist in product exchanges over VERY SHORT TIMEFRAMES. It is not a store of value or purchasing power. it should be put to work producing viable products. You have a pig for sale and I have a washing machine to sell (and neither of us wants what the other has)....someone else has something you or I want....and on and on....and money allows us to buy from someone else without having to get the other party to agree to exchange for what we have. Money was a good invention...interest is what was the work of Satan.

I ramble like a fool.

you might ask Z. it will drive LUAB nuts. (although LUAB fixes up houses. He might be a good source, too.)

Messages In This Thread

Re: Bond futures/ ICD