Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Federal Reserve losses - important?

The FRS remits about 80% of its earnings each year to the US Treasury. The remaining 20% covers expenses and dividends to stockholders.

If the FRS loses money on its purchases of debt and/or equity (MBS), that will mean less, or no, revenue to the UST from those operations.

The point here is, Congress WILL keep on spending and to make up the losses in FRS income, the UST will have to issue more bonds or taxes will try to be raised.

So, basically, the taxpayer is funding the FRS largess to its owners .... the banks..... via QE, etc..

Also, am not sure the stock market appreciates the fact that the owners or members of the FRS may be comparable to HM in the 30s. That is, some guaranteed income. Just an idea. Think I will be watching the bank stocks to see if I can pick up the scent.

realize there are 2 conflicting thoughts here....but, if not, what would be the fun????

have never seen a bank income statement that shows dividends on FRS stock owned. Yet, there should be. Easy way to tell who the FRS owners are (and I mean "the" stock.).

This may be all foolishness. But, never can tell.....

Messages In This Thread

Federal Reserve losses - important?
Re: Federal Reserve losses - important?