Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

CME uses 5 digit

I put on a trade today and noticed the thing was registering $6.25 increments instead of $12.50 increments. Then, through my obviously superior and highly acute sense of observation, I noticed that instead of price registering as 34 points up or down(as an example) it might have been 345. Of course...when I noticed this, I was like, whuuuut and promptly canceled my trade because I was confused as to where the hell I was. Thought maybe I had placed a trade in some other currency. Maybe, I should read those alerts they keep sending me and I wouldn't be surprised by changes such as this. nah! :-))

Let me make perfectly clear, for the benefit of the Zigger, that when I write this, "through my obviously superior and highly acute sense of observation", I am joking, of course. I think I should explain this in case the Zigger, from that other place, steals my post and torques her obviously dementia inflicted brain with some screed accusing me of hollering from the mountain top that I think myself superior to all and therefore the world is going to end.