Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Wayne Dirt - COT
In Response To: Wayne Dirt - COT ()

I studied it for a while years ago but really couldn't make heads ner tales from it but that may mean exactly nothing.

I finally settled on price and time...and even at that...mostly just price. Price will tell exactly what the consensus of traders is. Price patterns repeat and mimic themselves on all time frames.

I used to would not have given a plug nickel for any, and I mean any, indicators. Now, I have amended my beliefs because of the way the 50-66% fibo retracement has proved itself to me. It may be, after having had to capitulate to the fibo retracement, that my inability to understand the COT may be entirely a result of some short coming in my brain wiring that also existed in my inability to initially appreciate the fibo retracement.

Did that make any sense?? I think that was a long way around the barn for saying...No, I don't use it but that doesn't mean it can't be successfully used by someone else. :-))