Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Intro....matter-n-pepper patch

Oh hell yea...beagles hunt rabbits. If you haven't ever been rare-bit hunting with beagles you just haven't been rare-bit hunting! Usually you'll have several beagles hunting. Once they scare one up you just pretty much plant yourself where they jumped the rabbit and wait till the dogs run the rabbit back around. Rabbits tend to run back to where they left anyway so the dawgs put pressure on them to get back there quicker. Plus, they'll dig into the briers and push them out...that way...we don't have to do that.

Each little beagle has their own voice and you can tell your own dogs bay in a group of them. I've learned that my little beagle, her name is Sox, has three distinct types of barks and bays. When she's on a cold trail she lets off this little whimper of a bay. When the trail gets hotter...the bark gets a little more intense and when she actually sees a rabbit and is chasing it...she really goes to town. The first time the woman heard Sox going off on a hot chase she came running back to the house hollerin for me to come save Sox cause she just knew some bigger critter had gotten a hold of "her baby dawg".

Sox gets to run rabbits daily. I can tell what's she up to by how she's barking.

They're great little dogs and make wonderful pets but I'm hear to tell you...they are hair shedding machines! We thought we would get a short hair type dog since we were going to have her inside...that was a miscalculation.