Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: How Times Have Changed
In Response To: How Times Have Changed ()

People have figured out it was BS. I've been around for right at 60 years. It strikes me that it's hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and moderate in the spring and fall...with fall, of course, being the best time of year cause its football time!

Friend and I were talking the other day about how many people would died these days if the power grid went out and we lost air conditioning. That got me to thinking about "back in the day" when AC was a rarity. Remember when you would get new clothes for the start of school year and there were a couple pair of blue jeans that needed to be "broken in" in the heat of late summer. God, I hated that! That was back in the day when they used to make jeans out of slightly bendable steel. And then you had to wear them to school with no AC! How did we survive?!?

Messages In This Thread

How Times Have Changed