Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Is It Time to Short Precious Metals?

In the past two days, less than forty-eight little hours, I have receive nine unsolicited calls from "bullion trading groups" of various and sundry company names.

Was I aware that quantitative easing was back?
Was I aware that I should have some, for protection, for the recession that is "looking us right in the eye"? Three different "groups" used that exact same line.

Of course, there was a plethora of other reasons to jump on board the gold 'n silver train.

Reminds me of an old boy, that I knew back in '79, who was working for Boston Commodities (they had sugar and coffee options) " .... This could be another '74 folks. Do you hear that? That's the sound of the train pulling out of the station ... The million dollar train. It's already pulling out .. but if you run REAL fast, you just might be able to catch the caboose."

I don't dink around in the precious metals, anymore. It just reminds me of when I did ... and if I was hearing those touts ... unsolicited telephone calls ... and (one of the finest of indicators) TALK RADIO ads .... I'd be scrambling for my hand drawn charts, trying to figure where to go short.

I rarely listen to talk radio, anymore. Perhaps, it's time to turn on AM radio ... that's THE indicator.