Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Oregon

Went to Oregon last Wednesday through Saturday. Found my Other Wife to be in good spirits and seemingly good health as she drug us all over hell's half acre. Of course, that's what makes her the original The Woman, she could have one foot in her grave and you'd never know it.

I haven't flown in 30 years or more. That was an interesting experience on many levels. Four legs, four different planes of varying sizes and condition. The most impressive was leg from Eugen back to Denver. Big comfortable plane. Pilot put it in the air with gusto. I was in the very back of plane laughing, literally, out loud at the sensation of the power and speed with which he took off. Forth leg from Denver to Nashville was tiny little jet full of sardines. Pilot made that little dude go and I think we made that 1000 miles in an hour and a half.

Oregon itself...we were on the coast about 90 miles north of California/Oregon border...was most interesting. Big trees...big. Got back here and looked out the window at trees I used to think were big but now seem little more than weeds in comparison. You can see these things on TV and read about it on the net but until you see it in real life you just have no real appreciation for the place. it was entirely more impressive than anything I was expecting. Went to the beach...you know it's a mean ocean out there but until you get out on the beach and experience the environment...whoa.

One ominous sign of the potential violence of the place was there were tsunami escape plans posted everywhere including in the house we rented close to the beach. They have a tsunami warning siren system that they test every second Wednesday of the month. We got to hear a recording of that. Sounded like a moaning ghost warning you to make your escape lest you join them on the other side. Spooky sounding thing.

We got crabs, straight off the boat, oysters, smoked salmon, smoked Albacore tuna and cooked it at friends house. Oh man, that was some fine eating. The smoked Albacore tuna was spectacular. The crab and oysters have the gulf coast critters beat hands down. Bought a steak at the local grocery store for two dollars less per pound than we have it here and it was way better. I think we're getting ripped off here!

A way interesting place.