Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

streaming talk radio and am add block app

Every once in a while I'll get a million dollar idea. That in and of itself is nothing. I heard a guy say once, the difference between a millionaire and a person with a good idea is the millionaire acted on the idea.

Here's one for the geekers out there that can do these things. Streaming radio is a big thing and getting bigger. I have mine streaming talk radio most all the time while I work on the computer.

The worst thing about radio is the same as any other type of media...the incessant frickin commercials. If you record TV shows to view later so you can skip commercials, like I do...you know you have to postpone watching a 30 minute show for 10-11 minutes in order to skip all the commercials and double that for an hour show...somewhere between 18 and 20 minutes will get you through an hour show without commercials.

So that's like what 1/3 of the time is taken up by commercials. Radio is worse. I haven't timed it but I'm guessing it close to 50% commercials and stuff like road and weather reports and top and bottom of the hour news. That's a crap load of crap to have to listen to just to get some talk radio.

Someone needs to develop an app that will automatically mute the sound on your computer at predetermined times where the commercials and news land around the hour. If I could mute mine from 5 til the top and 7 minutes after the top and bottom of the hour...then again at 12 to 25 after until 18-22 after. Same on the other side other half hour...25 to 37 and 42-53 after the top would take out the majority of the crap if the computer would just be made to mute itself at those times.

It may not be one of those million dollar ideas but boy, I want that capability so somebody get busy and make one.