Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Freezer...

Having my garage setup as a wood shop, my garage is stuffed full of tools as I have more tools than Home Depot or Lowes.

As a result of this I put my chest freezer over at my mothers house...yes, my mother is still alive at 90. The Woman and I go and buy a couple hundred bucks of meat in anticipation of meat shortage that may or may not happen. Better safe than sorry. So we go to mom's to load the meat in...Oh Chit...it aint working.

Comically, we manage to stuff the meat into the freezer over fridge...it was packed like nobody's business. Dragged the freezer over here for repairs...hopefully. Refrigeration not being a strong suit. Looked up what to do to diagnose on Youtube. You can find anything on youtube. So I go about diagnosing and found suspected dead part. Bought the part, in of all places Amazon. Replaced it...we now have freezer and a thinned out freeze over fridge.

Paid 6 dollars for the part. Nice. Sometimes the bear gets you...sometimes you get the bear.

My first reaction, and the purpose of the story, was to go buy a new freezer in a panic. There are NO freezers left out there! Not a one in the local appliance stores or Home Depot or Lowes. Panic buying of freezers, they say, and the freezer manufacturers are closed from what I hear.

My plan, should there be a meat shortage, was to get a deer and load it up in the freeze and I wasn't particularly concerning myself with hunting seasons if it came down to it. I'm glad I didn't do anything drastic before finding out the freeze was busted...that would have been a mess.

Messages In This Thread

Freezer...
Re: Freezer...