Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn December...by the Day
In Response To: Re: Corn December...by the Day ()

Hey GT,

Yeah I have to put those on my chart as a reminder...to not put on a position just before first notice. One time I was trading the SnP...the ticker on my platform was ticking really light one day and price wasn't moving much...turned out I was trading after the shift to the new contract for two days. The TnT trading platform puts them on automatically if you choose to.

I've never done any studies on price after first notice...I only know of one trader that took contracts to expiration and he did it with the Hogs on a regular basis...He's been missing since this covid thing hit...sure hope he turns up.

Well...if I were adding I would try and do it close to the failure line and us that as my stop. Otherwise it might be better to wait for the clearing of the 422 breakout line on a monthly closing basis...you would be doing it in the March contract...

Spike