Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Weekly hidden Spikes
In Response To: Weekly hidden Spikes *PIC* ()

Wishing you the best in the upcoming holiday season.

Very interesting times in Futures. Especially when the value of currencies points to expensive times for the value of money upcoming. (meaning that money just isn't a good investment as other investments are more appropriate with potential above the oncoming inflation.)

What do you do when on your way to Grandma's and half way there you realize you left the coffee pot on and it was almost empty when you left? Coffee pots have been known to set fires. Do you lean on your insurance and take your chance of odds?
Well same in trading. What do you do at this interesting point in Soybeans. What are the odds you can be fooled into the wrong direction or miss entirely the trade? What are your odds? Well The big money is usually made on the surprise side. Human nature as we age is to oppose change.

Sometimes the strategy is to lose the least amount of funds on a trade then to make your fortune. I remember buying soybeans in the pits when the Hunts were forced to sell their beyond limits in soybeans. It was a rumor that turned into a bath before confirmed. The point being that trader's belief can move faster than confirmation of a rumor. It was one of those trades that we hit the bid all the way down. A good position turned bad turned into a small fortune. I'm sure you see the point. I still watch the commodity posts and always look for opportunity.

It's time to realize all the books sooner or later can be wrong. It's time to know not to double down in blackjack on eleven when all the aces are still in the decks. Elven seldom wins.

The point being that there are times that your least amount of loss if your wrong is a good strategy when you see the upcoming fortune showing.

Your research is good, your observation of both sides of the market are excellent. I'd be pretty surprised if many catch the windfall of our upcoming dollar devaluation unless you have the most money. it's never one on one and exact timing is your impossible assignment.
Watch for the exit signs when you're positioned heavily. Manage your money or you have an unexpected surprise. Volume and liquidity have become different friends

POP ...I'lll be checking back and wish you the best trades and smallest losses - you know "The best losers are the long term winners."