Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

thirty year old fixins...NTR

Given the difficulty in finding ammo these days, one of the nephs sez to me...teach me how to reload.

Little did we know the reloading scene as far as getting components and equipment is just as bad or worse. You can not find primers for love nor money. We did stumble into plentiful amounts of 223 and 9mm once shot cleaned brass. Plenty of bullets and powder, powder being restricted to two pounds per customer and there was only one brand of flake powder available. No primers. No primers anywhere. My left one for a primer is what a lot of peeps are saying.

I told the boy to come over to the house and we would dig around in the shed for some stuff to reload with. I used to load the poop outa bullets. Way back in the day when I used to shoot a lot I would take around 1000 rounds to shoot every other week for three or four years. I used to go to the gun shows and stock up on components. Thirty years ago, when I lost my shooting place, I packed the reloader and components into one of those black plastic chests. The kind trades people used to put their tools in when storing them in the back of a pickup.

I pried open the crypt and there it was all neatly packed as I left it. Dillon 550B, RCBS Rock Chucker, Powder measures, powder, bullets, primers galore. With the exception of some light surface rust on a few pieces, everything was in perfect order. Set it up on a bench we built for the boy and started loading. We started with my 30 year old powder.

From an opened thirty year old can of Unique powder we reloaded some 9mm's and they worked!!

Who would have ever thought 30 year old powder that was opened that long ago would still work but it sure as hell did.

I wish my brain would have been as good...can't believe all the small details I had to work on to remember.