Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Looking for Masters' thesis research participants

Hey all!

My name is Ruben, and I am a Masters’ student at Ghent University in Belgium. For my Masters’ thesis I am examining the ICE Futures Europe and its price discovery of coffee, cocoa, and cotton futures. Consequently, I am writing this post to see whether there are any traders or analysts active at the ICE, dealing primarily with coffee, cocoa and cotton futures, that would be willing to participate with an interview

If you would be interested, the interview would take around 45 to 60 minutes and can be done through Zoom. My questions would mainly be related to understanding the everyday of derivative trading. From what you usually base yourself on when deciding to short or long a commodity derivative, to how you detect and interpret broader market patterns.

Sadly, I cannot offer any remuneration besides sharing my finished dissertation and giving you a space to reflect on your work. If willing, I essentially would have time throughout the remainder of June, and all of July, at whatever time would suit you.

Thank you for considering my request!

Kind regards,

Ruben